« Previous Plant | Next Plant »
Verbena hybrida 'Lanai Upright Purple Velvet'
|VER-LAU-606-LS51||Rooted Cutting 51 CT Tray|
Verbena flowers attract butterflies, adding a touch of beauty to your garden while promoting pollination and plant growth. This variety is also resistant to deer.
The Lanai Series, bred by Syngenta, is a trailing variety that is very versatile. The Lanai Series comes in a variety of breathtaking colors with broad leaves. Lanai Upright White features crisp white blooms with light green eyes. It has a spread of 14-16 inches, a space of 8-12 inches, and a height of 10-14 inches. It's more upright habit will give you another dimension in the garden.
- Controlled Upright Habit is Ideal for 4-inch, High Density Production
- Naturally Upright Growth Reduces the Need for PGR's
- Heat Lovers
- Bold Blooms Compliment a Strong Color Assortment
- Habit is more Conducive to Cart-Shipping and Improved Shelf-Life Quality at Retail
- Breeder: Syngenta Flowers
- Bloom Color: White Light Green Bi-Color
- Height: 8-12 Inches
- Spread: 12-14 Inches
- Zone: Zones 9 - 11
- Controlled upright habit is ideal for 4-inch high density production
- Naturally upright growth reduces the need for PGR's and won't split, holding up from grower to garden
- Habit is more conducive to cart-shopping and improved shelf-life quality at retail
Verbena is a warm weather annual and tender perennial with a vigorous nature and trailing growth habit. These early bloomers are low and spreading, with ever-blooming flowers and ferny, much divided deep green leaves with toothed edges. They are a favorite of butterflies, producing many rounded clusters of small, tubular, five-lobed flowers with wide-flaring tips. Verbena are available in shades of red, blue, white, pink, purple, or rose and can be found across the Americas and some parts of Europe and Asia.
Verbena is commonly featured in hanging baskets, container combinations, rock gardens, or for mass planting in the garden. The taller and fuller varieties go nicely as mixed fillers in the garden. Verbena will continuously bloom all season long and are quite tolerant of drought, heat and humidity. They prefer full sun and moderately fertile, amply drained soil. Too much shade results in leggy plants with sparse flowering. Key features of this variety include mildew resistance, heat, frost, and drought tolerance, and no deadheading required.